Friday, June 27, 2008

Sweet Smell of Success

I've been trying to figure out what my definition of success really is (at least for today) and how to achieve it. The first step in letting go of perfection and being being perfectly flawed is being honest with yourself. Something I must admit hasn't been a strong point for me. So for right now, my definition of success is being completely honest!


So here are some things I'd like to get off my chest:


I am a horrible housekeeper (and cubicle-keeper, and car-keeper)

Really, I am. I'm good at cleaning, and I like to have a clean house, but the act of cleaning itself has just never been appealing! A magazine-ready home is fine, but really who does that? Do people really live in these homes?


I smoke

That's right I am an eviiiil smoker. For those of you who thought I had quit - I did - I really did. Life got ugly and I am weak. I know that I always have 20 friends that don't judge me and don't lie to me. I'm married to a former smoker -you know the kind I mean - they think smoking is the most horrible, evil, disgusting thing I could be doing. I like to explain that I was a smoker when he married me - he knew what horrible, evil, disgusting life laid ahead!


I don't balance my checkbook

Bad, I know - the consequences have proven that, but does anyone still balance their checkbook when online banking is available? At one point I knew someone who thought that the balance on the ATM receipt was correct. Never mind those 4 checks I mailed yesterday! This is probably my worst habit and one I have vowed to conquer!


My family eats out 4 times a week

I love to cook, but trying to be perfect all day is simply exhausting! Who wants to come home and cook and then clean (see the first bullet point)?


I'm not as tough as I try to appear

Physically - I'm not real tough and I don't try to be. At 5-foot-nothin', there isn't the option of looking too tough. I do however try to talk a big game, but rest assured, I'm not always as self-confident as I sound. My meow is bigger than my bite!




So there you have it. I've come clean! These lies won't plague any longer!

1 comment:

Mike&Sara said...

Love the blog, girlie! I felt like I could have written your truths. Keep updating your blog and don't forget to check back on mine. Love you and miss you.