Thursday, July 3, 2008

Get-Away and Get-a-Life



If you've visited my blog before (and I'm sure you haven't since it's only a few days old), you'll notice I changed the template. The photo at the top is one that I took out at a friend's lake. He doesn't actually own the lake, but he does have a nice lot with an old art deco camper out there. It's his little get-away. We've been out once and are hoping to go out again soon.



Our host for the day


We all need a little get-away. Whether it's a location, a state of mind or a hobby. Since we don't have the money for a physical get-away, and my brain is too full to create a "Zen-like state of mind", I have decided to commit some time to the "hobby" I have enjoyed for years: photography.




Add a glass of lemonade and this is the perfect spot!



I have never given it the time to really make it a hobby. I had a camera and I enjoyed taking photos. Every once in awhile, I will see something and think, "That would be a great photo." Now I am determined to make time for it and create some beautiful photos. My fear has always been that it would become work, and not the release or the joy it is intended to be.


The wheelbarrow may be for work, but even it had the day off that day.



We all need time to let go and enjoy the company of our friends. Let go of the stresses of work and daily life and just laugh. It's something I haven't had in a long time, so the moments I do get, I cherish.



Friends stealing away for a moment


Included in this post are some of my photos from the day at the lake. Unfortunately, some of my favorites of all-time are the photos from visiting Sara in Spain - they were on my 35mm and are now framed. Maybe I'll get ambitious some weekend and get them transfered to a CD.

No comments: