Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Must Love Dogs


We have had a disagreement in our house for quite sometime now. It is the age old question: Cats or dogs? You would think that having an odd number of people in the home there would be a tie-breaking vote, but no. So the question remains. I am using this as my opportunity to show the world why the answer is so easy!


I am a "dog person" (insert joke here) and really despise the felines of the world. My husband is a "cat person" and A-Cat is a perfect combination of mom and dad! Do you see the problem here? DH wants cats, I want a dog and A-Cat thinks we should just get both! She's such a diplomat!
The problem with that many animals, or any number of animals I despise is that I am the one who will end up feeding, and cleaning-up after them. Since the responsibility of the animal falls on my shoulders, it should be my choice!
So why do I prefer dogs over cats? Simple: dogs like people; dogs need people; dogs give back. I want to be liked by the creature; I want it to need me and damn it I want something back! Dogs have a great bond with their human friends - always happy to see you; always eager to please you.

Cats, on the other hand, are really quite nasty animals. They could care less if you are there or not; just feed and water and clean the litter box. The will be petted when they want without any regard to your feelings or needs. I refuse to bow to an animal that thinks it is smarter than I am. I have a husband for that!

As you can see from the photos of A-Cat and my aunt's dog Ollie, I have saved A-Cat from the dark side, and she too is now a "dog person"! I always knew I liked that girl!






2 comments:

Mike&Sara said...

Too cute! is that Patti's dog?

The Cat's Pajama said...

No - Marg and Joe's dog.