Monday, November 3, 2008

Who Would Play You in a Movie About Your Life?

I've heard this question posed before and I always thought it was intriguing. I've never given it much thought, only because there are 5,000 other things to ponder (will House and Cuddy really hook-up after last week's kiss? Is it cheaper to buy the 12-pack or the eight-pack? Can I get by one more week without waxing my eyebrows?)

Last night I could no longer avoid this age-old question. I somehow found myself watching a train wreck called I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant on TLC. It's one of those shows where the "real life" person tells the story as they cut to a reenactment portrayed by actors. Aside from the initial reaction (Are you freakin' kidding me? How do you not know you are playing host to an invasive parasite? Bloating only lasts so long!), I found myself bewildered by the actors they chose to portray these people. Some of the actors were very attractive (obviously, the "real lifers" asked to help in the selection), but some of them were down right odd looking. In particular, one woman was portrayed by an oddly shaped red-headed, very short woman. And by short, I mean her feet didn't touch the ground when she sat on the toilet! It was so distracting, I'm not sure I even really remember her story. I just kept wondering what the "real life" lady must have thought about her stand in.

Now, back to the question: Who would play me in a movie about my life? There are so many possibilities. Do I go for someone who resembles me (Angelina Jolie) or someone who I think most accurately represents me and my personality (Carrot Top)? And what if I'm so mentally disturbed, that those people look/think nothing like me? What if they do? Do you see my conundrum?

So I am asking for your suggestions. Who should play me in a movie about me and why? Who would you pick to play you? Trust me, it isn't as easy as you think!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well, I dont know you enough to pick for you.

But for me, Id pick Jenny McCarthy. She's done Weight Watchers, and she has big tits, just like me!

The Cat's Pajama said...

Lindsey - You crack me up!

Mike&Sara said...

I will play you! LOL You could play me!

Abbie Stanton said...

Cat - who would play you... hmmmm... what a thought/concept. I'm gonna have to think on that one. Do you already have someone picked out for me? heehee :)